In the last few posts, we have talked about reading together as a family…what are YOUR favourites to read while snuggling on the couch?? Compare your list to mine and post them in the comments! I am always looking for new ideas!
1. The Bible…nothing generates discussion more than reading passages from the Bible! We choose a Bible version that is easily understood by the youngest member of the family…so right now we use the New International Readers Version.
2. First 1000 Words…LOVED this one when the kids were younger and couldn’t read yet…SO MUCH to search for and SO MANY stories to tell! My favourite Usborne Book!
3. The Chronicles of Narnia…so enjoyed listening to these (as books on CD) on our trip to Western Canada. This is one way to pass the time on a very long journey and share in the experience of the adventures found in the stories.
4. Biographies…what a great way to get insight into a person’s life! There are so many to choose from but one of my favourites was Eric Liddell.
5. The Christmas Story…this is a tradition in our house…some years we read straight from the Bible but we also find different Picture Books that tell the story in a beautiful, simple way.
What are your top 5 books (or series) that you have read as a family? Post them in the comments section!